All last week, MMG hosted “March Bamfness”, a single-elimination bracket-style tournament to crown one of the eight benchmark CrossFit “Girl” WODs as the most bad-ass.Well the results are in and we have our Final Four.
In Round 1, it was Jackie versus Grace. People had to pick their poison between a combo of rowing, thrusters and pull-ups or just slugging it out doing clean and jerks. With 58% of the total votes, the winner is Grace!
- On Reddit, -TrollStopper wrote, “I voted Grace only because it’s an empty bar thruster in Jackie.”
- However, -l8rulus was having neither saying, “Jackie is a joke, Grace is fine. try…Linda…”
In Round 2, it was Karen versus Angie. Clearly the wall-balls didn’t bother the crowd as Angie won with a whopping 70% of the total votes.
- On Facebook, Andy wrote, “No contest. Angie wins this hands down. Don’t care what y’all say…. I judge by the “which one makes you feel like you got run over by a truck ‘harder'” method.”
- Also on Facebook, Morgen opined, “Karen is over way faster. Rather use my legs for 150 reps than my upper body for 200 ANY DAY!”
In Round 3, it was Cindy versus Annie. Did people prefer doing the triplet of pull-ups, squats and push-ups or the couplet of double-unders and sit-ups? It ended up being another no brainer according to the poll results as an amazing 81% of the total votes went to Cindy.
- Reddit users -Starsky686 wrote, “Cindy for sure. Harder and better. I did Annie yesterday and we did a modified Cindy today (10rds for time). Even the modified Cindy was tougher.”
- -mrgrimm concurs, “Not even worth voting. Annie is a 5 min wod that leaves you feeling good. Cindy at intensity leaves you with ripped hands and DOMS.”
- -Sorryaboutthat1time also had a clear winner, “I suppose if you don’t have DU’s yet, Annie can be more frustrating. But otherwise, come on, Cindy without question. Annie gets even easier if you do the “throw your arms for momentum” sit ups my old box did.”
- While on Facebook, Eric writes, “Now that I’ve got double unders down pretty well Annie is fun. I look forward to doing it again and getting under the 7 minute mark.”
Finally, in Round 4, it was Helen versus Nancy. Both make you lace up your sneakers and go for a run, but with 57% of the total votes, the people chose Nancy!
- In the comments section, Ryan wrote, “I’m really torn with this one. Helen was first girl I ever “dated” so she will always have a special place in my heart but Nancy just dominates me. The combination of a relatively heavy Rx weight at 95 with 15 reps per round makes this the winner in my book. I’ll never forget how she made me feel at last year’s spring challenge.”
- And Mike agreed in the comments saying, “It was a close call for me…But Nancy edged ahead with the heavier weight and 2 extra rounds.”
- While over on Reddit, -McDingus69 said, “These are hard to judge, it depends on your weaknesses/strengths. Overhead squats are harder for me, so my choice is obvious.”
So now it is time for one last vote. Which of the Final Four deserves the top prize? Which of the Girl WODs left standing is the most bad ass? Which left you feeling pukey and take an unexpected rest day? Which one is both a badge of honor to complete but also a pure beast?
Is it Grace (30 reps of 135lb Clean & Jerk)? Is it Angie (100 Pull ups + 100 Push ups + 100 Sit ups + 100 Air squat)? Or is it Cindy (AMRAP / 20 minutes: 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups and 15 Squats) or Nancy (5 rounds for time: Run 400 meters + 15 Overhead Squats [95 / 65 lbs])?
Vote now! And make sure to explain / defend your choice in the comments section below or on Facebook.